We are excited to announce that HWA Librarians’ Day will be moving to a virtual format, and it will be COMPLETELY FREE!
All panels will be taped ahead of time and released on November 1st to the public through the HWA’s YouTube Page. Throughout the month of November, the Adult Reading Round Table will be moderating an asynchronous Q&A. We would also like to thank our sponsors who have stuck with us NoveList, LibraryReads, and Flame Tree Press.
Registered attendees will be provided with an email address to pose their questions to the panelists. Questions and the answers will be posted for attendees to access. All will be able to see the Q&A but only registered attendees will be able to ask questions.
While the event is geared toward library workers, we encourage all HWA members to view the panels. There have been some panel changes which are as follows:
- The Scary Truth About Horror Reviews (Sponsored by Cemetery Dance) – Featuring New York Times Book Review Horror Columnist Danielle Trussoni, Booklist and Library Journal Horror Reviewer Becky Spratford, and Cemetery Dance reviewer and owner of Night Worms Sadie Hartmann. Moderated by Ashley Rayner from the Chicago Public Library
- Horror and Libraries: A Not So Scary Partnership – Featuring Gillian Cargile-King from Northern Illinois University, Konrad Stump from Springfield-Greene [MO] County Library, Cathleen Keyser from Novelist, and Gregg Winsor from Library Reads. Moderated by Lila Denning from the St. Petersburg [FL] Public Library
- Summer Scares 2020: How to Feature Horror for All Ages at Your Library – Featuring members of the Summer Scares Committee and the announcement of the 2021 Summer Scares Spokesperson!
- The State of Horror Today: A Conversation – Featuring authors Daniel Kraus, Stephen Graham Jones, and Cina Pelayo. Moderated by Becky Spratford
- Meet Flame Tree Press – Editor Don D’Auria and Flame Tree Press authors John Everson, J.G. Faherty, J.H. Moncrieff, Melissa Prusi and Steven Hopstaken. Moderated by Emily Vinci of the Schaumburg Public Library
Please email Becky Spratford at email@example.com with any questions.
While signup for Librarians’ Day is free we are also using this opportunity to launch a HWA Diversity Grant that was established with funds from the library community.